Placement Year Students

It's getting to that time of year where students will be looking for a placement year as part of their degree. The pressure will be on, with the continual questions from everyone of "How's the job hunt going?" and "Have you got any interviews yet?". I've been there, done that, got the t-shirt. As if your second year at uni isn't hard enough without finding the time to do all of this too!



The message here is twofold.

To all students reading this: carry on with your search!! Don't give up looking... it's the best thing I ever did! My search carried on and I didn't secure a placement until the June to start in the July!! It's so worth it though and you can do it! Just set aside an hour or so each day to send those applications. And be open-minded about what you are applying for, you never know where it might lead!

Then we come to employers - hello! Now some of you won't have entertained the thought of employing an intern/placement student before, but why not? These students are keen to learn and develop, so why not give them a chance? My 12 month internship was honestly one of the best things to happen to me, and I am so grateful for all the opportunities I got. Not only did I make some of my best friends, but I so developed so much as a person and I was able to complete my final year at uni with practical experiences and knowledge. So there's something for you to think about... can you provide an opportunity for a student?

Want to know more, ask me!

Ciao.

Disclaimer: This blog does not reflect the thoughts and opinions of my employer. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five things you might not know about me...

Marketing without a budget...

Looking after our Mental Health...